Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Julep box review

I order a julep box for 1 cent and got it in the mail. I love how prompt they were in sending it out. It took almost no time at all. It came neatly wrapped and undamaged, So I was pretty happy. The colors are very in for summer time.

I had to wait to try them out as our house is on the market right now. I got 3 colors, a melon color, a yellow and a purple. I tried out the melon color. The 1st thing I noticed right off is how THICK and gooey it was very hard to get a thin coat. I did need two coats since it didn't apply nicely, it was clumpy and took FOREVER to dry.

 I painted my toes and my fingers and I disliked how thick it was so much that I went straight to my phone to cancel my subscription. 

NOW I am super picky about my nail polish I like it to be on the thinner side so I have more control of color. But some people might not mind at all. I will say after doing the dishes, bathing, cooking, giving both of my boys baths, typing on and off all day, and I don't have a single chip. So they are doing something right! :)


A week later I opened the yellow and guess what? It wasn't thick at all , I must have just had a messed up bottle. I should have added a little polish remover to thin it out! 


Over all I was pretty pleased with my penny spent. But since I am so picky I opted to cancel my account. Which I sat on hold for 7 mins waiting to speak to someone only to be pushed to a machine that told me to leave my info and they would cancel for me. Shortly there after I received an email telling me my account was canceled.

No comments:

Post a Comment